- Identify promising markets and sectors to trade
- Use fundamental and technical analysis in swing trading
- Trade strongly trending securities
- Manage portfolio and security risk
Take advantage of price swings in strongly trending securities and pump up your portfolio!
Want to know the strategies of successful swing trading? This friendly guide covers the ins and outs of this risky but profitable investing approach, explaining all the basics in plain English. You'll see how to use the two investment approaches — technical and fundamental analysis — to indentify promising securities in strongly trending markets. In addition, this guide covers how to calculate investment returns and, most important, how to manage your portfolio's risk.
Learn from a highly experienced trader, analyst, and portfolio manager — the author shares his insider knowledge
Understand often overlooked topics such as money management, journal keeping, and strategy planning — key areas that will largely determine your success
Focus on the fundamentals — often overlooked by swing traders, fundamental analysis can increase your chance of success
Determine your entry and exit points with technical analysis — read charts, apply indicators, and compare markets
Evaluate companies with fundamental analysis — grasp the basics of financial statements and the criteria to screen for undervalued or overvalued stocks
Develop and implement your trading plan — outline what you trade and how often, decide your risk tolerance, and calculate your performance
Open the book and find:
- The differences among swing trading, day trading, and buy-and-hold investing
- The pros and cons of technical and fundamental analysis
- A step-by-step anatomy of a trade
- A wealth of charts and screenshots
- Real-world examples of swing trading successes
- The 10 deadly sins of swing trading — avoid at all costs!
- Sample trading plans
- Useful resources for navigating data
Omar Bassal, CFA, is the Head of Asset Management at NBK Capital, the investment arm of the largest and highest rated bank in the Middle East, NBK. He holds the CFA Charter and an MBA with honors in finance, management, and statistics from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
You Will Receive An Email To Download This Book Immediately After Your Purchase.